By Joseph Roisman,Ian Worthington
- Features new, in particular commissioned essays through major and up-and-coming students within the field
- Examines the political, army, social, fiscal, and cultural heritage of old Macedonia from the Archaic interval to the tip of Roman interval and beyond
- Discusses the significance of paintings, archaeology and architecture
- All old resources are translated in English
- Each bankruptcy comprises bibliographical essays for extra reading
Read Online or Download A Companion to Ancient Macedonia (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
The Basle entire statement on Homer's Iliad is known across the world, either in examine and educating. the second one, revised variation of the observation on publication 1 (vol. 1, 2002) having been out of print for a few months, a 3rd revised variation is now available.
This can be the 16th quantity within the Oratory of Classical Greece. This sequence offers all the surviving speeches from the overdue 5th and fourth centuries BC in new translations ready via classical students who're on the leading edge of the self-discipline. those translations are specially designed for the wishes and pursuits of cutting-edge undergraduates, Greekless students in different disciplines, and most of the people.
What have been the bounds of information of the actual global in Greek and Roman antiquity? How some distance did visitors get and what did they find out about far-away areas? How did they describe international international locations and peoples? How did they degree the earth, and distances and heights on it? rules in regards to the actual and cultural global are a key point of historic historical past, yet in the past there was no up to date glossy evaluate of the topic.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, observe: 1,3, Universität Siegen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Nachdem das Römische Reich lange unter den Geißelungen seiner verschiedenen Herrscher gelitten hatte, stellte die Herrschaftsübernahme der Flavier einen unumgänglichen Neuanfang dar.
- Das Perserreich im 6. Jahrhundert v. Chr.: Eroberung und Strukturierung der griechischen Siedlungen im kleinasiatischen Bereich (German Edition)
- The Real Lives of Roman Britain
- Die Opramoas-Inschrift - Und ihre Bedeutung für die historische Forschung (German Edition)
- An Introduction to Roman Religion
- Gender, Manumission, and the Roman Freedwoman
- Roman Patrons of Greek Cities (Oxford Classical Monographs)
Extra resources for A Companion to Ancient Macedonia (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Download Antiquity Now: The Classical World in the Contemporary by Thomas E. Jenkins PDF
- Download Ein römischer Grieche schreibt Geschichte. Die by Jannik Nitz PDF