By Timothy Hill
Read or Download Ambitiosa Mors: Suicide and the Self in Roman Thought and Literature (Studies in Classics) PDF
Similar ancient history books
The Basle whole observation on Homer's Iliad is everyday across the world, either in examine and educating. the second one, revised version of the remark on ebook 1 (vol. 1, 2002) having been out of print for a few months, a 3rd revised variation is now available.
This is often the 16th quantity within the Oratory of Classical Greece. This sequence offers all the surviving speeches from the past due 5th and fourth centuries BC in new translations ready by way of classical students who're on the vanguard of the self-discipline. those translations are specially designed for the desires and pursuits of state-of-the-art undergraduates, Greekless students in different disciplines, and most people.
What have been the boundaries of data of the actual global in Greek and Roman antiquity? How some distance did guests get and what did they learn about far-away areas? How did they describe overseas nations and peoples? How did they degree the earth, and distances and heights on it? principles concerning the actual and cultural global are a key point of historic historical past, yet previously there was no up to date smooth evaluate of the topic.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2010 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, notice: 1,3, Universität Siegen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Nachdem das Römische Reich lange unter den Geißelungen seiner verschiedenen Herrscher gelitten hatte, stellte die Herrschaftsübernahme der Flavier einen unumgänglichen Neuanfang dar.
- Appius Claudius Caecus Rede „Gegen einen Friedensschluss mit Pyrrhos“. Historische und politische Rahmenbedingungen (German Edition)
- Education and Religion in Late Antique Christianity: Reflections, social contexts and genres
- Athens and Sparta: Constructing Greek Political and Social History from 478 BC
- Luther in Rom, Roman (German Edition)
- Chromatius of Aquileia and the Making of a Christian City (Routledge Studies in the Early Christian World)
- The Origin Myths and Holy Places in the Old Testament: A Study of Aetiological Narratives (Copenhagen International Seminar)
Additional info for Ambitiosa Mors: Suicide and the Self in Roman Thought and Literature (Studies in Classics)
- Download Folklore im Musikunterricht. Klassenmusizieren von by Teresa Grebenar PDF
- Download The Two Lights of Understanding: The Holy Bible revealed The by Jens Jordan PDF